Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Deluxe Cook V-Blade Mandoline Slicer Review

I cook a lot at home. I mostly prepare veggies and do a lot of chopping, cutting and slicing.  I have a mini chopper for chopping onions and making tomato puree. I love small kitchen gadgets and always in search of useful products which can make my life easy.



I received a Deluxe Cook V-Blade Mandoline Slicer for review purpose. This slicer has 4 attachments with different type of blades and a finger guard which you can hold while slicing and dicing vegetables.


This slicer is moderately easy to use. 2 attachments are for shredding and 2 are for slicing. There is a button on the slicer, once the button is pressed the blade attachment can be removed easily and then you can put the blade which is needed . Blades for slicing are not having sharp pins and I found these 2 blades easy to fit in the slicer. 


This mandoline slicer is not having any stand, but it is designed that you can easily keep it on chopping board and slice / dice vegetables. You can also hold it like cheese grater. It comes along with a cover or finger guard which has nails kind of pins. This is used to hold any vegetable and then slice the vegetables on the slicer. 
I tried this slicer for slicing onions, cucumber , zucchini and tomatoes. This worked pretty well . Once the perfect attachment was fit, I could slice 2-3 zucchinis in few minutes by cutting zucchini in halves.  I liked the thin slices of onions and cucumber. 

It can be washed in dishwasher but I just placed it under running water . Attachments and slicer both gets cleaned easily. Just ensure that you are not rubbing finger against attachment or slicer blades. 

If something can be changed in this slicer, I would suggest making shredding blades more safer like the slicing blades. Shredding blades have sharp pins and when you have to change these in the slicer it can hurt fingers. 

I am trying to make maximum use of this slicer. Almost using it every day to slice vegetables for making salads and other veggies. I had few initial hiccups where I rubbed my finger by mistake against blades, but now I can easily change attachments and cut vegetables in minutes. I am finding this little kitchen gadget easy and useful in my kitchen. 

If you want to try Deluxe Cook V-Blade Mandoline Slicer , this is available on Amazon and currently costs $27.99

Disclaimer- I received no monetary compensation for this post. I got one or more products for review purpose.Opinions expressed are 100% of my own and not influenced by anyone.I am in no way liable for any injuries that may result because of  use or misuse of product. If you are buying this product, please make sure to check directions of usage, ingredients and side-effects if any on website page

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Indeed a good post, I know mandoline slicer is very important for our kitchen, it helps do various work like cutting in a very short time, I myself love it & that's why I have recently purchased one of the best Mandoline Slicers available, because i really the slicer to save my time and need it work for long time.

    By the way, Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable comments.Your comments would appear on screen after some time. Do not worry.I read all comments and then publish, so it takes some time.