Translate

Monday, June 8, 2015

Morning Pep Blanched Almond Flour, Gluten Free Review

I like almonds but have never tried almond flour before. I was not aware of the fact that almond flour is gluten free.
I recently tried Morning Pep's Almond Flour, I received this product for review purpose. Almond is really good for healthy and provides good amount of nutrition.

As per wikipedia
"The almond is a nutritionally dense food and 100 gram serving is a rich source (>20% of the Daily value, DV) of the B vitamins riboflavin and niacin, vitamin E, and the essential minerals calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc. The same serving size is also a good source (10-19% DV) of the B vitamins thiamine, vitamin B6, and folate; choline; and the essential mineral potassium. They are also rich in dietary fiber, monounsaturated fats, and polyunsaturated fats, fats which potentially may lower LDL cholesterol."

I always keep almonds in my kitchen. I use these in desserts like in cookies or grind the almonds and add to the milk. The almond flour from Morning Pep is basically made from skinless almonds. This flour is moderately fine and is not as fine as all purpose flour. It tastes similar to almonds and as per company doesn't contain any additional additives or preservatives.

I used this almond flour in 2 ways-
Smoothies and shakes-  I normally add 2 spoons of almond flour to a glass of cold milk, add some sugar and some fruits and then blend these. Trust me, smoothie comes out to be delicious and tasty.

Cookies and desserts-  I tried baking cookies with this flour. Added this flour, some whole purpose flour and butter and then baked some cookies. These cookies were moist and very tasty. Everyone in my family loved these cookies.



This flour can be added to any dessert say cakes, muffins, etc. It gives soft and moist texture and adds taste.

As per company description, it is -
  • Made from 100% all-natural Gluten-Free blanched almonds
  • Great source of dietary fiber, Vitamin E, protein, iron, magnesium & calcium
  • Certified Kosher And Gluten Free with No additives or preservative






In a nutshell, I liked this almond flour. This is the first time I used almond flour and it tastes really well. Morning Pep Almond Flour is available on Amazon and comes in 2 lb and 5 lb bags. 2 lb flour costs $22.99 currently.



Disclaimer- I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.Opinions expressed are 100% of my own and not influenced by anyone.I am in no way liable for any injuries that may result because of  use or misuse of product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comments.Your comments would appear on screen after some time. Do not worry.I read all comments and then publish, so it takes some time.