Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Book Review: Happy Beginnings: How I Became My Own Fairy Godmother


(Buy this book by clicking Book Cover)
Title: Happy Beginnings: How I Became My Own Fairy Godmother
Author: Lorena Bathey
Pages: 200+

About Author:  
After writing her memoir, Happy Beginnings: How I Became My Own Fairy Godmother in 2005 Ms. Bathey found new story ideas and characters introducing themselves. 
   
Her first novel, Beatrice Munson, the story of suburban women who have lost  their happiness began her foray into the world of the novelist. Today she has two other novels in the market and at least five more in her writing queue.

Synopsis:
Here is the story how Lorena Bathey started over after her fairy tale of  marriage failed after eleven years. With the stunning declaration made by her husband that he was leaving, she began a journey where she learned loving, loss, friends, and vodka were the roadmap to finding herself.

This is a very open and honest account of how Lorena Bathey struggled to find her inner fairy godmother after being made to start over again. She uses humor and insight into the world of the late thirty divorcee that will bring chuckles, guffaws, or tears.

Lorena's story is her own but one many women are experiencing. She stopped waiting for her own fairy godmother and took the wand into her own hands.

My Review:

I like reading real life stories or stories which can be an eye opener. Recently I got a copy of book named Happy Beginnings for review purpose. In this book Author has described her real life account of how she gave her life a fresh start after getting divorce.

I enjoyed reading this book. Author has explained real life situations in such a vivid manner that it made me think about love and life. I was thinking how a person feels when his/her partner just casually say that I want divorce after spending so many years together. You are left with only two options in this case. First one is to cry and wait for some miracle to happen. Second one is to give your life a new start i.e. Happy Beginnings which Lorena Bathey followed. Author has shown that instead of waiting for some miracle to happen, you have to take that magical wand in your hands.

Lorena shared her personal experience of dealing the divorce. She beautifully captured her emotions,feelings and courage in this book. I truly believe that life never ends and you should keep going.

I really enjoyed this book and learned so many things. Lorena's style of writing coupled with slight humor has made this book completely different.

This book is a must read for all ladies especially those who are going through breakups or divorce. This book will help in motivating and giving strength.

Disclaimer- I received no monetary compensation for this post. I got a signed copy of book for review purpose.Opinions expressed are 100% of my own and not influenced by anyone.
*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comments.Your comments would appear on screen after some time. Do not worry.I read all comments and then publish, so it takes some time.