Translate

Friday, September 19, 2014

Stainless Steel Veggie Steamer From Sunsella - Review

I recently got chance to review stainless steel veggie steamer from Sunsella. This was the first time I tried any veggie steamer. It came in a little box.
(Image credits- Sunsella)
I was actually surprised when I first saw this steamer.It was a little round steel thing looking like toy model of space shuttle ( kudos to my imagination ). I struggled for 5 minutes to understand and open it into dish size steamer. Its actually an adjustable steamer which can fit according to pan size. You can make its size vary from as little as a bowl to a dish plate.



I tried steaming carrots in this steamer. Just cut vegetables and put in steamer and adjust its size as per sauce pan. Then fill some water in sauce pan and when water starts boiling then put this steamer in that pan. This steamer has legs included which saves vegetables from water and veggies are only cooked in steam.

The carrots were cooked within 5 minutes. They were not soggy and were tender. I could feel the similar sweet taste as of  raw carrots. I liked the fact that steam cooking keeps nutrients intact as compared to roasting or cooking with oil.  This can be used
to steam veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc.

It also has a small circular ring which can be used for handling or lifting this steamer from pan. But this ring gets hot with steam so I don't use it directly to lift steamer. I usually wait  for some time and then lift the steamer from pan.






What I love most-

  • Steamer is adjustable and fits in pans of all sizes.
  • I can cook veggies within 5-10 minutes now. It helps in reducing my cooking time.

Suggestion For Improvement-

  • The circular ring gets hot with steam and it becomes difficult to lift this steamer after vegetables are cooked.  If product gets some sturdy handle made of non heating material then this would ease handling.
If you want to try this product, this product is available on Amazon.
Sunsella Veggie steamer on Amazon.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comments.Your comments would appear on screen after some time. Do not worry.I read all comments and then publish, so it takes some time.